THE TONTINE PROMISE
BOOK WITH TOTAL CONFIDENCE
When you book to stay at the Tontine your money is safe. If we have to close due to COVID rules and regulations you will be able to either get a refund of any deposit paid or move your reservation to an alternative date. T’s & C’s apply.
CLEAN AND SAFE THROUGHOUT
We have implemented a series of enhanced cleaning and safety processes and would appreciate your cooperation in observing them. Some of the changes that we are putting in place have resulted in some services being delivered in a different way & others may take a little longer than usual. Please bear with us as all of these new measures have been introduced to ensure your & our safety.
From check-in to bedrooms, to restaurant and bar you can be sure we have looked carefully at every area. We review and update our COVID-Secure practices in line with the latest safety advice from the UK & Scottish Government and UK Institute of Hospitality & our team have been trained and are monitored constantly to ensure safe work practices.
Our COVID-Secure Policy
Please read all of our guidelines before you get here
BEFORE YOU GET HERE
- We politely ask that guests do not travel if they have experienced any Covid-19 symptoms in the 7 days prior to arrival.
- All visitors and staff may be asked to submit to a temperature check on arrival. Anyone found to have a temperature of 38C or above will unfortunately not be able to gain access
- In order to limit queuing, we request that guests confirm an estimated arrival time prior to their stay
- The Scottish Government recommends the use of facemasks when entering enclosed spaces (such as the hotel) where there is a possibility of close contact with people you do not usually meet. Please bring your own facemasks with you.
- Full payment for your accommodation will be taken from the card provided to guarantee your booking on the morning of your arrival. Should you wish to use an alternative payment method please get in touch. On arrival, should you wish the option to charge items to your room we will require card pre-authorisation.
- If you or anyone in your party have any access requirements which we may not be aware of please let us know so that a suitable room type might be allocated prior to arrival.
- In order to allow for additional cleaning we have amended our check in time to 3pm and check out time to 10am each day. Should you require to arrive earlier than this please contact our reception team in advance
- Please note that the majority of our car parking is located to the rear of the hotel. We ask that guests please check in at Reception which is located at the front of the hotel before unloading luggage
- Our reception team will ask you to confirm your preferred dining times if you have not already done so
- While we ask that guests carry their own luggage where possible, if you do require help, our team will be happy to assist
DURING YOUR VISIT
In these unprecedented times we’ve had to make a few changes to reduce the facilities provided in each room on arrival, in order to ensure the safety and health of both our team and our guests. This means that for the meantime, we will no longer provide the following facilities in the room as standard:
- Soap, Shampoo or Shower Gel
- Tea, Coffee, Milk, Sugar/Sweetener or Shortbread
- Notebook & Pen
These items are of course still available on request from our reception team. Should you wish to arrange for these to be ready in your room for arrival, please do not hesitate to get in touch prior to your stay.
- Please keep your key with you during your visit, this can then be dropped in the box located at reception on departure to be sanitised ready for the next guests
- Hand sanitiser is provided throughout the hotel, we ask that you please make use of it whenever appropriate
- Our reception team are happy to assist you, we kindly ask that you contact them by dialling ‘0’ from your room during your stay
- Our team will not enter your bedroom during your stay unless requested to
- We will not be servicing stays as standard at this time
- Guests staying multiple nights can arrange a bed change if required during their stay
- Should you wish for our housekeeping team to service your room, please arrange a suitable time with our reception team
- We recommend using the stairs where possible
- Please maintain your social distance
- The use of masks when moving in public areas is highly encouraged, particularly in areas such as corridors where maintaining your distance may not always be possible
- Card payments are preferred, contactless wherever possible. Our card machines will be sanitised after each use
- To minimise the environmental impact of disposable cleansing products, we have opted for the use of paper roll or reusable (washable) cloths and appropriate sprays rather than anti-bacterial wipes
- Where possible, we ask that you use the bathroom in your own room, rather that the public toilets
FOOD & BEVERAGE
- We would encourage guests to book for breakfast prior to arrival to ensure they can dine at their preferred time.
- We would encourage guests to book for dinner prior to arrival to ensure they can dine at their preferred time.
- All of our menus are available to view online prior to and during your stay
- Please do let us know of any food allergens in advance so we can make our team aware
- If you have any dietary requirements which are not catered for please do contact us so we can arrange suitable options for you
WHEN YOU DEPART
- Should you have any queries regarding the charges made to your room, please raise these with our reception team
- Unless otherwise specified, any outstanding balance will be settled using the card details provided on booking
- Please leave your room key in the drop box located at reception to be sanitised for future guests. Failure to do so may incur additional charges for replacement